Harry L. Vance Athletic Center
The Vance Athletic Center, which is an enhancement to Baker Sports Complex, was made possible, in part, by a $4 million challenge gift from Samuel and Ann Ginn of Hillsborough, Calif., to honor Ann's father, the late Harry L. Vance, Davidson College Class of 1926.
The 50,000-square-foot space provides two practice courts for Davidson's men's and women's basketball teams and the volleyball team. This additional gym space will help alleviate the growing needs of Davidson's club and intramural programs, as well. Also located in the new center are coaches' offices, administrative space, locker rooms, team rooms and film rooms for men's and women's basketball.